We all know what impact we are having on the environment but here are some shocking facts along with advisable action we can take to make a meaningful difference.
1. Around 15% of the carbon released in the environment is due to deforestation and change in use of land.
Action: Stop buying products with Palm oil in them which do not contain the RSPO label. Sign petitions that encourage reforestation.
2. Cows contribute significantly to environmental damage since they produce 400-500Ib of Methane gas per year which is 20x more damaging than CO2.
Action: Eat less red meat and seek alternatives when possible.
3. Transport is the 5th biggest contributor to Global warming.
Action: Cycle and walk more. If you can afford it, buy electric transport.
4. Industry (including fast fashion) is the second largest contributor to Global warming.
Action: Support ethical brands who do not chase profit at the environment's loss. Sign petitions that ban harmful environmental profits.
5. In 2016, world plastics production totaled around 335 million metric tons. Roughly half of annual plastic production is destined for a single-use product.
Action: Limit your use of single-use plastics such as bottles, cartons, straws etc.
Small action leads to big results over time.
Thanks for reading! Keep an eye out for our upcoming women's drop!
Comments will be approved before showing up.